Sunday, January 22, 2012

Bastrop!


          Needless to say I ended up having a late start last Sunday heading to Bastrop, Tx.  I arrived at Phoenix Farms that is owned by my wonderful Brother and Sister around 9:30pm.  I sure got there a lot later than I had expected or wanted for that matter.  However, it was self induced when you have great friends come stay the weekend with you.  haha The first day here we pretty much just relaxed and ran a few errands in town and had a few cocktails.  Tuesday was much busier, I woke up with my allergies just going crazy and wanted to beat my head against the wall to get some relief, I think it’s because of the crazy weather we have been having.  Seriously it’s January and it was in the mid 70’s!  Any who instead of doing anything productive or awesome on the farm Tuesday, Wednesday, or Thursday I hid out in the house most of the day because of my allergies.  So much for farming I guess I’m just a city girl! J

          We ended up driving into Austin Thursday night and what a phenomenal time!  First stop was for Shayda to get a tattoo then it was onto this neat place called The High Ball.  We had a bite to eat and then you can choose to either continue sitting at your table and play a board game/drink, go bowling, two-step to country music, OR you could get a private room and do Karaoke.  We ended up choosing to Karaoke and if anyone knows me at all you know that I DO NOT Karaoke because I can’t carry a tune to save my life!  But I figured I’ve never done it before and I want to try everything at least once and it’s going to be in front of just family not on a huge stage or anything so I sang my little heart out!  WHAT A BLAST!  I know sounded awful and I did apologize to everyone’s ears but it was so much fun!

         Friday was yet again another good day, went back into Austin with Shayda for a girls day.  We went to this place called the Austin Art Garage where they sell local artists work.  I’m absolutely in love with the work made by Graham Franciose.  I ended up buying two of his pieces and I can’t wait to hang them up in my new house!  Then we just walked around a little shopping district and headed back to the farm.  I ended up staying an extra day for Tyler’s birthday on Saturday, he turned the big 20!  He has a super sensitive stomach so we have dubbed him as “Baby Tummy”.  So one of the best gifts he received that day was tums and pepto!  Haha We couldn’t resist.  We hung out until about 4:30 and then I headed out to Conroe, TX for my next adventure!

Much Love…

Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment